Remember those writing games where you pass around a piece of paper, and everyone adds one sentence and then passes it on? It's time for QueryConnection to get our own story going. Who knows, maybe it'll be so good that we'll all get it published together. Okay, maybe not, but we can at least have some fun with it.
- Only add one sentence at a time. Wait for someone else to add another sentence before chipping in again.
- Always respond to the original post, rather than a comment, just to keep things clear where it all goes.
- Let's keep it PG. I don't know who's on this site or who's comfortable with what, so just keep things appropriate.
- If this goes on for a while (in theory we could keep it going indefinitely), then people shouldn't have to read the entire thread. Just make sure that your sentence is coherent with, oh, let's say the last five sentences.
- Otherwise, anything goes. Feel free to force a genre switch or take the story in a completely new direction.
I'll get us started.
Justine had just finished the day's third cup of coffee when an envelope slipped under her door.